17 May 2013



Two blog posts within five minutes? How dare she!

Well I need to catch up to the present before I can progress....

Two lovely gals named Liz and Kate opened up an indie sewing shop in my city called Needlework and introduced me to Colette Patterns.  Thanks!

So when I heard about the Laurel sewing contest I was on it!  

The task: Make something extraordinary using this simple dress pattern.


The Details: vintage rayon drapes (thanks Leah), fabric from my stash (netting and sparkly pink tulle), vintage beaded lace for the belt I added.  I altered the fit of the waistline with front darts, cut away sweetheart shape to create illusion neckline and added lace to tulle bias trim.



Here's my attempt. *Fingers crossed* Winners are announced Monday here!

What a static model....


Pattern matching back! woo






The details..



What a dummy....Bad joke


And as a bonus for whoever reads this, here's my first snap clutch purse.  I drafted my own pattern based on the closure, lined it, added pleats and made it all up as I went along. Made it for my fiancee's sis.



I did promise the photos would get better.



The closure is hand stitched around the top.

That's all for now.

Next time: Who knows? Probably wedding-related. Oh yeah, I'm getting married...but not 'til June 2014.  My brother's getting married sooner and I'm helping the bride make the bridesmaids dresses.  



No comments:

Post a Comment